The pumpkin overnight oats is a healthy breakfast, rich in proteins, with sweet-flavor just like that of a dessert. Oatmeal is also a good breakfast meal, but sometimes you desire a change of taste. Well, not a total disband on the oats, but rather a spicing to the delicious and healthy diet.
The healthy pumpkin overnight oats is a really great idea to change one’s breakfast diet and the recipe is quite easy to follow. Furthermore, it has a really strong tantalizing aroma that wets your appetite before eating. It is important to know that pumpkin pie overnight oats come in different flavor.
The benefits of pumpkins
Pumpkins are delicious and yummy, and they are good for making a variety of meals. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, eating this nutritious food is something you would not want to miss.
They have a high nutritional value and they are beneficial to your health and well-being.
When pumpkins are in season, you should take advantage of them and make a variety of pumpkin dishes. Here are some health benefits of consuming pumpkin-based meals:
1. Pumpkin Improved vision
It contains beta-carotene which helps protect your eyes from macular degeneration. Beta-carotene is rich in Vitamin A which promotes good vision even in low-lighting conditions. In addition, Vitamin A is important for forming and maintaining teeth and strong
2. Better quality sleep
Pumpkins, in particular, the seeds, contain tryptophan, which is an amino acid. It is responsible for promoting good sleep and formation of serotonin in the body. On the other hand, serotonin helps to enhance your mood and makes you feel relaxed and happy.
3. Make you feel fuller
Generally, pumpkins are rich in dietary fiber which helps keep you feeling full for longer. It also helps you manage your appetite and cravings as well as eating better and healthier. Furthermore, you will experience better bowel movements and an improved gut bacteria health. You may want to check Pumpkin smoothie recipe for weight loss
4. Improved heart health
Pumpkins contain phytochemicals known as phytosterols which help with regulating bad cholesterol levels. This, in turn, helps improve the heart’s health and other cardiovascular diseases.
5. Pumpkin benefits for glowing skin
This healthy fruit is highly concentrated with antioxidants which are good for your It helps smoothen your skin and make it glow naturally, according to the research. They are also ideal for fighting wrinkles, acne, and folds under the skin.
The Pumpkin Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (preferably gluten-free)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoonful (tsp) of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves and allspice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
- Toppings: chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, cranberries.
Method of preparation:
- To make the pumpkin overnight oats, look for two-pint sized containers
- Divide the ingredients equally into the jars and add everything else except for the toppings.
- Start with the oats, followed by the milk, the pumpkin puree, and the maple syrup.
- Take a pinch of salt and add to each jar respectively.
- For the spices, mix all of them together, that is; the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice. Then put equal amounts in each jar.
- Add some pumpkin pie spice to get the best out of the recipe.
- Thoroughly stir the ingredients in the jar, one after the other, for 4 minutes to obtain an even mix. That makes about 8 minutes for both jars.
- To achieve consistency with the mixture, add extra milk while stirring. Not too much, just enough to make the mixture smooth and fine.
- Close the jars and put them in the refrigerator.
- Leave them in the refrigerator for 6 hours, then take out the jars and add the toppings.
- To one jar, add pecans, walnuts and 1/4 cup of yogurt. To the other, add the chocolate chips, cranberries and 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- You can add any toppings of your choice and also add a sweetener if you must.
- However, I advise that you do not add sugars, the maple syrup works fine. You might as well add it in the morning as you eat your pumpkin overnight oats breakfast.
Important things to remember
As you prepare to make the recipe, you need to have every ingredient and materials needed for the preparation. Make sure you clean the jars which you will be using for refrigeration and ensure they are big enough to hold the contents.
In the morning, as you add the toppings, you can add some coconut oil in order to thin it before consumption. Pour out the contents into a bowl, and you will be good to go.
You can add toppings of your choice. Any toppings will taste wonderful with this meal. For more servings, increase the amount of the ingredients, depending on how many servings you want to make.
To make the meal healthier, use gluten-free, low-calorie, sugar-free and low-fat ingredients.