Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipes – Quinoa is a grain that has a rich texture and a mild flavor which makes it suitable for various kinds of dishes. It is very rich in protein and more nutritious than several other grains. You can make quinoa together with different kinds of vegetables and tasty salads.
The quinoa salad is a popular dish that is quite refreshing and delicious. Hence, there are different available quinoa salad recipes. Try out any of these 5 healthy quinoa salad recipes to get your fix.
Easy Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipes
1. Green Quinoa Salad with Basil Dressing
This is one of the quinoa salad recipes best served immediately after preparation. It requires the use of unsweetened plant-based milk. You could use cashew milk or almond milk.
- ½ cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 teaspoons of unsweetened plant-based milk
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups of kale with the ribs removed + finely chopped
- ½ cup of diced scallions
- In a small blender, put together the basil leaves, almond milk (or cashew milk), apple cider vinegar, pepper, salt and olive oil.
- Blend the ingredients above together until it becomes smooth.
- In a large bowl, pour the dressing over the kale.
- Gently mix together with your hands for about 3 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and scallions and mix together.
- Season once more with more salt and serve hot.
2. Green Beans Almond Quinoa Salad
This is probably one of the most colorful and crunchy healthy quinoa salad recipes. Note that green beans and almond is a must-have recipe for this quinoa salad.
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 pound of green beans, clean and chopped into 2 pieces
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- you can add citrus if you want
- Salt and pepper
- Steam the green pieces until just tender for about 8 minutes.
- Allow them to cool slightly.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix them thoroughly to combine.
- Serve immediately.
3. Green Goddess Black Quinoa Salad
This is one of the several nutritious quinoa salad recipes out there. Just like the others, it is healthy for consumption.
- 1 cup of cashews
- ½ cup of water (add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups of cooked black quinoa
- 1 pound of slightly steamed brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 large broccoli crown, chopped into florets + lightly steamed
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of pea shoots
- 1 avocado, quartered and sliced
- In the order listed, put the dressing ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until it is creamy and smooth.
- Add little water if the dressing is too thick.
- Transfer the dressing into a container and put aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the salad ingredients.
- Add about half the dressing into the mixing bowl and gently mix the salad together.
- Make sure you gently mix until all the ingredients get coated evenly.
- Distribute the salads evenly into 4 bowls.
- Add ¼ of the avocado slices and sprinkle with little sea salt.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
4. Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Peas, Avocados & Lemon Basil Dressing
This is a fresh, healthy, and easy salad for spring!
- 1 teaspoon of honey or agave nectar
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of quinoa
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 small bunch of asparagus, about 15 spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 5 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Combine the dressing ingredients into a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add water, quinoa, and salt to a saucepan and boil over medium heat.
- Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Cook the asparagus while the quinoa is cooking.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the asparagus and the fresh lemon juice.
- Cook until it is tender for about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and stir. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Put the quinoa, asparagus, peas and avocado in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until it gets coated evenly.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Add the fresh basil. Stir it and serve.
5. Pear-Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a suitable partner for pears in this tasty salad recipe. You should refrigerate this salad for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- 1 14-ounce can of reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of quinoa. Rinse if necessary
- 2 teaspoons of walnut oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of fruity vinegar, such as pear, raspberry or pomegranate
- ¼ cup of snipped fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 2 ripe but firm pears, diced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, boil the vegetable broth.
- Add the quinoa and stir over medium heat. Allow to simmer.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the liquid gets absorbed.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, chives, pepper, and salt.
- Add the pears and mix to coat.
- From the cooked quinoa, strain for excess liquid.
- Add the quinoa to the pear mixture and mix.
- Put it in the refrigerator and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Try out any of these quinoa salad recipes to improve your overall health. And don’t forget to give us a feedback after trying out any of these quinoa salad recipes.