How do I make my own lip balm? A lip balm is a must-have beauty product that should exist in the skin care item collection of every woman. The skin’s lips are relatively sensitive and it can get dry and uncomfortable rather easy. Regardless if it is cold or warm outside, there is always something that may affect your lips.
During the cold season, the low temperatures and wind is your lips’ biggest enemy. When the summer arrives, the bright sun can burn them, making them prone to cracking as well.
So, no matter how you put it, you need a lip balm on you at all times, to make sure that your lips stay safe and beautiful throughout the year. But, for this, there is no need to purchase a lip balm because you can easily prepare one at home naturally.
With the help of a lip balm recipe, and there are quite a few you can enjoy. You can make a safe and all natural lip balm on your own.
Amazing DIY Homemade Lip Balm Recipes
Here is a list with the best DIY homemade lip balms anyone can make at home.
1. How to Make Coconut Oil Lip Balm (coconut oil lip balm without beeswax)
Coconut oil can do wonders when it comes to taking care of your skin and hair. It is a natural substance that is highly nourishing and it also offers a bit of protection against UVs.
So if you are looking for a simple and easy to make lip balm recipe, this one definitely deserves of being on top of the list best DIY homemade lip balm.
Still, do remember that no any kind of coconut oil will do. If you want to make sure that you enjoy a high-quality homemade lip balm, you should purchase organic virgin coconut oil. This should be unrefined as well, if possible so that you can be sure that you get pure coconut pulp in there.
Take a clean and sterilized container, preferably a small jar (Empty Lip Balm Containers) where you will store your lip balm. And fill it half the way with coconut oil.
Coconut Oil Lip Balm Recipe
- 3 Tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Raw Honey, Optional
- 20 a few drops of avocado, jojoba, and argan oil
- Empty Lip Balm Containers
- You can also add a bit of lipstick if you want to add a bit of color to your lip balm.
- The more lipstick you add the more opaque and colored the lip balm will become. But this is optional, of course.
- Next, you will have to transfer everything into a clean microwave bowl and leave it 10 to 30 seconds in the microwave.So that the components melt.
- Once the content is all melted, you can add a few drops of avocado, jojoba, and argan oil, to increase hydration.
- Mix everything with a spoon, to make sure there are no lumps, and pour the liquid into the container, leaving it to cool down and solidify, becoming ready for use.
2. How to Make Chocolate and Mint Lip Balm
Since we are talking about best DIY homemade lip balm, we need to throw in a delicious lip balm recipe that is more than suitable to be used this summer.
You may find this recipe as good as an Eos lip balm, being not only nice and smooth but also with an incredible flavor.
Chocolate and Mint Lip Balm Recipe
- Bees wax,
- 1 tablespoon of grated product or pearls,
- 1 eight of cup of coconut oil,
- 1 half of tablespoon of shea butter,
- 1 half of tablespoon of cocoa butter,
- 1 half of tablespoon of honey,
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder,
- 3 drops of peppermint oil, and
- 1 eight of a tablespoon of E vitamin oil, although 2 vitamin E capsules that have been punctured and squeezed will also work.
- The cocoa and shea butter have to be placed in a small pot and add the coconut oil.
- Heat the pot over a very low heat, which should not exceed 175 degrees.Because the smooth consistency of the lip balm may suffer stirring the mixture from time to time.
- Next, add in the bee’s wax and continue stirring, until it completely melts.
- The moment when you will also remove the pot from the heat.
- Finally, add the honey, vitamin E, peppermint essential oil, and cocoa powder.
- Using a whisk to incorporate all of them well into the mixture.
Once the mixture has all the ingredients. Then place it while still in a liquid form in a container (Empty Lip Balm Containers). It should cool down for 3 hours before being ready for use.
3. How to Make Sophisticated Lavender Lip Balm
If your idea of best lip balm should contain the perfumed scent of a delicate flower, then most certainly you will love this lip balm recipe.
These best DIY homemade lip balm recipes were picked so they can rival will well-known lip balm labels, showing you that you can create various types of lip balms at home, safe and natural.
If you are wondering how to make a lip balm that has great hydration properties and has an elegant scent as well, just follow this recipe.
Lavender Lip Balm Recipes
- 4 tablespoons of jojoba, olive, or almond oil (carrier oils)
- It is entirely your choice what type of oil you will choose to use, but I love Almond oil
You will also need
- 1 tablespoon of bees wax pearls or grated product,
- 1 tablespoon of honey,
- 1 fourth of tablespoon of vitamin E or
- 3 capsules that have been punctured and squeezed, and
- 7 drops of essential lavender oil (you could use any floral essential oil of your choice to diversify the recipe).
As optional ingredients, you could add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder or 1 tablespoon of colored lipstick, a natural one, if you want to add some color.
- Warm the beeswax, oils, and honey in a pot over very low heat or use a double boiler
- Stir the mixture to allow the bee’s wax to melt, taking the pot away from the heat once it is melted.
- Now, add in quickly the vitamin E, essential oil, colored lipstick or cocoa powder and whisk the composition well to make sure that all ingredients mix evenly.
- Next, the pot should be placed with its bottom in ice-cold water, adding the honey and mixing with the whisk the honey into the composition.
- Finally, pour the still-liquid composition into a container where you should allow it to cool down and solidify.
Please give me feedback if you used and like these natural homemade Lip Balm.